9 year old girl raped to death in Nigeria; man says it was 'consensual'



The State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in Calabar has arrested one Chijioke Nwakor for allegedly raping a nine-year-old girl to death.

20-year-old Nwakor confessed to have engaged Miss Alice Enej (9) in ‘marathon love-making.’ He also told the officer heading the CID’s homicide unit, Mr. Joseph Inuyashe, that there was a mutual agreement between him and the girl and that there was no form of force. He said,
“I used to see the girl everyday in Okuku-Yala, where I stay with my parents. I don’t know what pushed me last Monday to approach her. As I saw her playing with the three boys at Saint Patrick’s Primary School, Okuku football field, I called her and asked what she was doing there. I told her to go home and meet her mother.”


The advice took an amorous dimension when it started drizzling and Nwakor and Alice had to take shelter under one of the school buildings.
“I discussed with her and she accepted so I took her to one of the abandoned buildings that has been overtaken by weeds, where I told her to remove her underwears and she complied,” he said.  Continue



Claiming there was mutual agreement between them, the boy dismissed allegation that he raped her, saying, “I did not slap her or do anything to her.

“I told her to bend down because the place was too dirty. The uncompleted building is now used as a toilet, because most people living around there had no toilet.”
He said he then proceeded to have sex with Alice, who started crying but that he thought she was pretending.

Few minutes later, Alice slumped and became unconscious and Nwakor decided to call for help.
The deceased was rushed to the hospital while the culprit went round the community sourcing for money to foot the hospital bills.

“I was still looking for money when somebody called me that the girl was dead,” he said.
He claimed to have abstained from women since he came to Cross River State, regretting that his first attempt to make love to a girl of his desire has resulted in tragedy.

“We are still investigating the matter and the culprit will soon be charged to court, Mr. Hogan Bassey, acting Police Public Relations Officer of the Command said.

Nwakor, who hails from Aniocha Local Government Area, and grew up in Onistha, Anambra, recently relocated to Okuku-Yala LGA in Cross River State where he lives with his parents.

Source: Nigerian Telegraph